Religious leaders from many of Utah’s faiths are urging everyone to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in a new video.
While the message is applicable to all Utahns, the interfaith leaders are hoping the message reaches the underserved communities that have been hit the hardest by the virus. These groups include Hispanics, blacks, and refugees, in particular.
The public service announcements were created by the Multicultural Subcommittee of the Utah COVID-19 Task Force. Speakers on the video include:
- Imam Yasir Butt, Islamic Society of Greater Salt Lake
- Elder Craig C. Christensen, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bishop Scott B. Hayashi, Episcopal Diocese of Utah
- Pastor Corey J. Hodges, The Point Church and Utah Jazz chaplain
- Rev. Elizabeth McVicker, First United Methodist Church
- Pastor Oscar T. Moss, Calvary Baptist Church
- Indra Neelameggham, Hindu community
- Bishop Oscar A. Solis, Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake City
- Rabbi Samuel Spector, Congregation Kol Ami